safari browser

Reaction score
A few days ago my Safari browser stopped being able to log on to the Internet. First time this has happened in 20 years. Firefox works fine. Error message when trying to log on says... "Safari can't open the page." The error is: "The operation couldn't be completed. Operation not permitted." Did a complete re-load of the appropriate Safari version (5.1.10) for my OS ( Snow Leopard version 10.6.8). Still same error message. Has anyone else ever experienced this? Seems like the answer might be in the preferences area, could not find the answer there. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Do you have another browser? If neither work, it could be a problem with your service provider.

EDIT: Sorry, I missed your short sentence: "Firefox works just fine." Apparently, my eyes don't.

M

MacInWin

Is it Java? Apple blocks old versions of Java from running because of security issues. You may need to update Java.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.