• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

For all you people who haven't spent all your money...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Don't get one if you live near an airport! What does anyone need a laser for? I mean, just a laser... I've used laser "tape" measures, so that's practical. But is it just a toy if there's no practical application?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
Lasers are useful for presentations or teachers needing to point at the board. Many schools have or are going Marker boards, some even with smart boards. Laser pointers are easy to see on them. So good for teaching..

OP
cradom
Reaction score
I can buy a laser pointer at the dollar store for less than $3. I think this is just pretentious.
A solution looking for a problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
Not spending 50 bucks on it.. LOL But $3 from dollar store works just fine..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini | Intel Core i5 | 8 GB RAM | 240 GB SSD | Dell 27" LCD | OS X 10.10.x
Would make a great stocking stuffer? :Confused:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.