how to connect ipod to a wifi that requires a key

Reaction score
hello. my com is on a network that requires a key. how can i connect my ipod to that network since it doesn't have a usb port? (using flash drive to give the key.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 13"MBA 2.2GHz i7, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.11.6
Not sure I understand the problem. Is it an iPod Touch? Go into settings, turn on WiFi, choose the network from the list when it comes up and punch in the key when prompted.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
hello. my com is on a network that requires a key. how can i connect my ipod to that network since it doesn't have a usb port? (using flash drive to give the key.)

Ok lets try to translate here:
"Hello, my computer is on a network that requires a network key (usb encrypted key). How can I connect my iPod to that network since it doesn't have a USB Port for the USB Encryption Key. "

Best Answer Here: You Don't..

How ever you could ask the Administrator to assign a IP address to your iPod's MAC Address and perhaps a nifty login. But then that would circumvent the encrypted network which is a security hazard. Any Admin with common sense will tell you NO, not happening and unless its a company device it should not be on the network which in many cases those caught trying to get around network security like this are normally terminated from the company. Hope your job isn't worth a few minutes of iTunes radio.. LOL :D

C

chas_m

Since I don't know the full circumstances of your situation, I'm assuming that what you mean is that your network is hard-wired and has no (or doesn't allow) Wi-Fi, as with some hotels or offices. If this is the case, you could:

a. bring in an Airport Express or similar device which has an Ethernet port and use it to set up a Wi-Fi network (with permission of the network owner/admin OBVIOUSLY), or

b. use a mobile phone with a tethering data plan as a Wi-Fi hotspot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.