Update Access

Reaction score
All of a sudden, although I can access other areas of apple with my ID & password I can not get past where upgrades and updates ask for these items. The dialog window gives the shakes when I try.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
First make sure you can log in to apple.com with your ID.

Then check that your billing details are correct and up to date. I've had this happen where a card had expired and there was an outstanding balance for an app. Updating to the new card details resolved it.

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks for your inputs but I have a problem differentiating between "Apple ID & password" and Administrators ID and password. It seems when Apple ID is required it works fine, but if it asks for administrator ID and password nothing works. Since the last posting I have found that I cannot open the unlock of the "Lock shown when required to open it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
That's likely the username and password you use to log onto your Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
As mrplow stated, we're talking about 2 different sets of IDs and passwords.

Apple ID = your iTunes account. You purchase apps and music with this ID and access iCloud and set up Apple Store repair reservations with it. Same one you would use on your iPod Touch or iPhone or iPad.

Administrator ID = the user name and password you used to set up your Mac when you first got it. Your Mac will ask for it when installing software from the web and making system changes to your Mac. You also log into your computer with this ID.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.