iMac Wireless capabilities

Reaction score
I have an iMac with wireless capabilities and have a new Samsung Blu-Ray player that has the ability to connect to a wireless network. Is it possible to use my Mac to relay movies off Netflix to the Blu-Ray player or do I need a separate router to do this?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm guessing here..... but I would think you need an Apple TV to do that. Maybe someone else who's smarter on stuff like that then I am can give you a better answer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA 2020 Ventura 13.6 M1 chip 251GB; iPhone SE 3rd gen 128GB; iPad Air2, 64GB
I'm no smarter than chscag, but I'm pretty sure you need an Apple TV. I thought this would work too, but the wireless on your Samsung will connect to your network, but not to your Mac. At least that was my experience when I tried something similar. Be interested to see the answers from those brilliant and experienced folks that hang out here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.