Macbook Pro screen not working. Help please.

Reaction score
Okay so I am going to give you a full background of what I did so everything is clear. My screen was working fine like always. I decided to do a update on my macbook via the App Store. I had a dying hard drive connected that never allows me to reboot my computer if connected. So after update it was stuck and would not startup. I had no choice but to unplug it and reboot manually. After I did that my screen no longer works. I am using the macbook now, I have it hooked up to my TV via DVI. I don't feel like my screen coincidentally stopped working at the exact moment I rebooted after an update that tells you not to reboot during. I feel like maybe I screwed up some graphical setting or something. Can anyone offer any suggestions? I would take it to an apple store but the nearest one is 90 minutes from me.

Incase it matters i have a Mid-2010 Macbook Pro. And here are some pictures of how my screen looks. It looks like this until it eventually fades to black (takes about 2 minutes)

screenSHU - The fastest screen capture ever.

Thanks for any help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.