Garage Band

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 DUO,8GB,G4SE 8600GT 256,leopard 10.5.8
Please excuse the simple question, but my audio knowledge is nill.

In garage band can I process live vocals to inject into a transmitter for live broadcast. I've been using rack gear to inject so far, but I have learned I will need DEEP pockets and lots of experience to get the sound I want. My bandwidth is limited to 6khz. I just started to play around with GB . Most are using pro tools because none of them own a Mac. Running standalone pc that does NOTHING but pro tools and a few plug ins. No Internet, no screen saver or monitoring windows applications and a devoted sound card. An mbox mini as the interface between mic, computer and transmitter for AM radio.

Appreciate and commentary , good or bad so I can learn correctly. Thanks

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So I messed around with GB and can do what I want with vocals. I am wondering about the level of audio coming out. Obviously its fine for headphones but will I need to run it thru a preamp before injecting it into a radio. I only need line level I believe.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So I see my MBP has no dedicated sound card and no options from what I seen so far for audio out options. It says digital audio out, but my headphones work. When I dug further I did find a DSP in out options but haven't found a way to access. I read of a sunflower app that is supposed to provide line level audio out. Might just take a stab at it and see if it will work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.