Getting photos from Iphone 4G onto MacBook Air

Reaction score
Hi.

I added photos from my Iphone some time ago onto my old computer, but selected the option of keeping the photos in my Iphone. Now I want to upload the photos again but I don't seem to be able to do it. Also I don't seem to be able to delete the photos from the Iphone.

So what I would like to do is: Transfer the photos from my Iphone to my Mac, and then delete them so I'll finally have some space on my phone.

If anyone knows about this stuff, help would be very much appreciated!

M

MacInWin

In APplications, look for Image Capture. Connect the iPhone by USB cable, open Image Capture, copy down the files you want, then delete them from the iPhone.

OP
D
Reaction score
Do you mean I have to dl an application from apple store, or do you mean that in the application iphotos I have to find Image capture? Because I don't see it in iphotos...

M

MacInWin

Use Finder, go to the Applications folder. In there is Image Capture. Run that application with the iPhone connected by USB cable and it will let you see all the images on the iPhone and select what you want to bring to your Mac. It will also let you decide where to put them and if you want to delete them from the iPhone after capturing them to your Mac.

iPhoto has nothing to do with it. Nothing to download from anywhere.

OP
D
Reaction score
I see what you mean now.

But I can only see the photos in the Camera Roll folder on my iphone. But not on the Photo Library folder. Maybe I just have to go talk to some people at the Apple store.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.