Boot problem.

Reaction score
I wanted to install windows on my mac mini late 2012 version so i installed multibeast and only chose easybeast so i could get the menu to boot from selected device but now my mac boots but hangs on the apple logo with the spinning thing under it and never starts up the thing just keeps spinning under it i tried for 30-40 minitues it was with the the apple logo and spinning thing i cant use my mac any more pls. help i tried verboose boot no luck.:'(

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums..

Why did you just go the Boot Camp route? Boot Camp will guide you through the partitioning process and once Windows is installed, you can choose either OS X or Windows to be your default or choose on each boot while holding down the OPTION key.

Read the manual for details.

OP
S
Reaction score
To RazOrEdge

Thanks but now what to do i messed up and cant boot so how do i still use boot camp

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
How did your partition your HD for Windows to begin with? The tool you mentioned seems to be used to control which partition to boot from and install drivers and so on.

Additionally, you are getting tools and info from a hackintosh website and using these tools/instructions on a real Mac might cause you all sorts of grief..

Tell us exactly the steps you went through so far and let's see if we can get things back. If not, hopefully you backed up everything before starting, you'll have to do a clean re-install of OS X and then use Boot Camp to properly install Windows..

M

MacInWin

At this point you may have to reinstall OSX from scratch to get it to boot. You didn't say which version of OSX, but if it's Mountain Lion, hold down Option and click the ON button. Keep holding Option until you get a selection of drives from which to boot. Choose the Recovery partition and from there you should be able to reinstall to the main partition. All your files will be gone, but you can restore from backups (you do have them, right?). Once it's up and running, use BootCamp as Ashwin suggested.

EDIT: IGNORE this, go with Raz0rEdge.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Please do NOT post any links to Multibeast or any related software, since you are pointing to a site that we don't allow. Another link and I'm going to have to close this thread down.

If you are unable to get into the recovery partition (assuming you are using Lion/Mountain Lion) at all, then you might have no choice than to just start out from scratch and risk losing data.

One of the first things we tell people to do before attempting to Boot Camp and do anything drastic with their HD is to get a good backup and clone so that they can always go back if things fail..

OP
S
Reaction score
Always remember i have mac mini late 2012 i7 quad core running OS X 10.8.3 Mountain Lion

About installing windows i don't want to install it anymore.For partition i only reduced size of the default partition through disk utility so 500gb is unpartitioned.

I will say all my steps so you can know what changes i did

First i opened multibeast 5.5.2 then in installation i only ticked easybeast when installation was done i restarted and when it shutdown then when it booted it was stuck on apple logo and spinning wheel under it. I left it on for 30-40 mins. because i thought it was normal. But it never booted. So i did safe boot and opened multibeast 5.5.2 again and installed chimera 2.2 boot loader in boot loaders drop down menu to fix the problem. But it didn't get fixed so i did safe boot again and this time i installed verboose boot in boot options drop down menu but after i restarted nothing got fixed so that is when i stopped and started asking you.

Thanks in advance

Hey not my mac below i don't use hackintosh but i was advised by a friend. and its ok to put a picture below right i did not put a link.

62244d1374510865-mb.png.html

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Have you tried booting the machine while holding the option key?
And what options does it provide?

Have you tried booting while holding 'command' and 'R'?
Does that boot to the recovery partition?

M

MacInWin

Yes, a fresh install will erase your data. That's the price you may have to pay for what you've done. But what Bob asked was for you to try booting into the Recovery HD to see if there is any way to gain control over your machine and to see if from there you can try to recover. If you can't/don't boot from the Recovery HD, then the only alternative is to completely reinstall OSX, losing your data.

Your choice.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Please look at bobtomay's post and go through those steps and tell us what you find. Those steps alone will not do an installation and wipe your data..

Once we determine if you can get back into the Recovery Console or even the OS X start up disk, we can suggest the best way to proceed. If the latter is working, then you can boot directly into OS X, backup all your data and then do a clean-install..

If you can only get into the Recovery Console, then we'll have to figure out the best way to access the data..

OP
S
Reaction score
I will first follow bobtomays and tell you the results.

Other than recovery hd is there any other option because in one of my posts i mentioned what multibeast packages i installed which have changed a few kext files and added a few files to system if i change the kexts back and delete the additional files will all be well. If i boot from recovery hd will i lose any data.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You really have to work with us if you want us to help you resolve the issue. Just booting into the Recovery Console (HD) does not wipe any data. You have to manually kick off the re-install for that to happen.

So please do hold the OPTION key during startup to see what you see and if nothing of value, try the CMD+R during startup to see if the Recovery Console even starts.

Understand that we want to help you keep your data and by your concerns, it sounds like you don't have a recent backup to fall back onto..

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK, and what happened with the two things we suggested you try?

OP
S
Reaction score
I cant try them yet i will only be able to tomorrow very sorry for inconvieneince i am out of my country so the mac mini cant be used because its home.

OP
S
Reaction score
I don't have mackintosh keyboard so i did a safe boot went to preferences keyboard and clicked modifier keys and remapped the option and cmd key rebooted and tried both then did propper shutdow and tried both no luck.

Not my mac below.

Mac-Keyboard-Preferences.png

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OK, so you DID get into OS X through Safe Mode? If so, you can back up your data and then do the re-installation of OS X to get back in shape..

OP
S
Reaction score
So will all user names and thier data backup like apps and games and all other things like downloads. If so please tell me how to fresh install but i cant get into recovery.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Start by reading this: Apple - Support - Backup

Then look at SuperDuper to create a fully bootable copy of your current contents.

As a simple thing, if you have an external HD, then just drag all of your documents onto that drive. Properly unmount it, move it to another computer or unplug and plug it back into your Mac and confirm the data is proper and intact.

Once all that is done, if your Mac is one that came with Lion or Mountain Lion, then you didn't get installation media and were supposed to use the Recovery Console to re-install. But since you can't get into it, your options are limited. If your purchased Mountain Lion, you might have to go to a friend's Mac that has the Mac App Store and login with your Apple ID and re-download Mountain Lion. Then use this article to to make a bootable version of the installer. Now use that to re-install ML on your Mac..

The other, easier option, is to visit your local Apple Store, tell them you want to re-install ML and with your Apple ID they can confirm you've purchased it and they will put things back in order..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.