Vip file, hmo file hmp file

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC I3, MACBOOKPRO,IPAD,IPHONE 5
Ok so back when we were PC we bought MAGIX sound lab to digitize our tapes and records and put them on a hard drive. We only got the hard-drive out lately to start listening to the music and now we cannot play them either on our imac3 or my mac book pro, we no longer have the magix box or disk and never put it in any of the macs.

I do not mind buying magix again but i just wanted to know or get advice on how i can convert these files into mp3 or wav files for use :Cool:

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Those don't sound like standard sound formats, so conversion might not be simple. If that program is available for Mac, you might have to go that route to convert the files to a standard format so that you can play with any music software..

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Don't think this is what you want to hear.
Alll three of those file types are the virtual project files created by the Magix Audio Cleaning Lab.
They are worthless without Magix ACL. Based on my understanding of their software, the project files require access to the original files in their "original location" as these formats only store the effects you want to have applied to the original files. Those files do not contain the original audio file.
In order to be saved, those must be exported from within ACL to a new file... wav, mp3, etc.

edit:
Little more reading, looks like the vip and hmo are the project files and the hmp is a Magix mp3 file.
That being the case, one of their Mac compatible apps may indeed play those.
Appears Magix does make their cleaning app for the Mac, you might want to head to their site and shoot them a pre-purchase email asking if the Mac version of the app will play those files and provide exporting to a common format.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Just for giggles, you might want to take one of those HMP files, make a copy and change the extension to MP3 and see if it will just play..

If the other files are filters/modifier and the HMP is the original MP3 file, you can at least get the music without the filters and then use some other program to alter the MP3 if you wish..

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMAC I3, MACBOOKPRO,IPAD,IPHONE 5
thanks

I do remember when we did this all on an old PC before we went back to make, that after we had copied old tapes using magix, that we then had to make them in to wav or mp3 files, as i did a few just to listen to think best option contact magix, will update on dilema.

hope all is ok that was 88-2000 rave and club tapes at least 200-300 cassettes done :Angry-Tongue:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.