Strange email problem

Reaction score
Here's the problem ...

I am unable to send emails from a Macbook Air to domains which are hosted by Vodafone New Zealand.

I can send from any other computer (PC) or iPhone or iPad on the same local network using the identical settings and the emails go through.

When I send from the Macbook Air, they go out and are accepted and forwarded by the SMTP server but they are not received. I don't get a rejection email, they just don't get received at the other end.

I have tried using different SMTP servers and the same happens, i.e. emails go through from every device except the Macbook.

Same issue occurs using other internet access points, i.e. I have the same problem whether I try from my office or from home.

Not sure whether the problem is this specific Macbook or it is a generic Macbook problem.

Any one have any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
If you're not getting a rejection it's something at the other end. Likely some mis-configured filter/spam rule etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.