Best free alternate software for syncing iphones?

Reaction score
Okay so I found out that I can downgrade my iphone 4 to 5.1.1 since I have the blobs saved. But on my mac I have the latest version of itunes. On my laptop I have the earlier version which it will recognize the ipsw. Since I will be restoring it on my laptop is there any other software I can use that is free other then itunes for my mac?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
To sync what? iTunes sync a whole variety of content and there are alternatives that match some of iTunes functionality (but not all of it).

OP
MasterShake
Reaction score
I just need some other software I can use to sync my iphone 4 since my itunes on my mac cant sync with my iphone since I will be restoring it on my laptop. If I try to restore it on my mac it will just update it to ios 7 and I dont want it to do that.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Didn't know there was any software that will "sync" to an iDevice from a Mac. Could be, never looked for one.

Perhaps a few apps that allow drag and drop capability, typically by providing Finder access to the iDevice - one I have used on an extremely rare occasion is def not free - iExplorer.

And why would you want to go all the way back to iOS 5?

OP
MasterShake
Reaction score
cause ios 7 is laggy and I want either ios 5 or 6 on my iphone 4

Well I have tried to downgrade with ifaith and still having no luck keep getting itunes error even when I combined the blobs with the 5.1.1 firmware. Guess I am stuck on 7.0.2 for now. :/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Okay so I found out that I can downgrade my iphone 4 to 5.1.1 since I have the blobs saved. But on my mac I have the latest version of itunes. On my laptop I have the earlier version which it will recognize the ipsw. Since I will be restoring it on my laptop is there any other software I can use that is free other then itunes for my mac?

I just need some other software I can use to sync my iphone 4 since my itunes on my mac cant sync with my iphone since I will be restoring it on my laptop. If I try to restore it on my mac it will just update it to ios 7 and I dont want it to do that.

You are confusing me here. First you say "on your Mac" then you say "on your laptop" and on your Mac you have the latest iTunes and on your Laptop a earlier Version of iTunes that will recognise the ispw ?? Correct ?? Yes ?? Then where is the problem ??

What i want to know is what type of Laptop do you have and is it Windows or a MB/MBA/MBP ??
I no you can go back a iOS version ONLY on the iPhone4 and no other and you can get there by downloading iTune 11.0.5 and you can download that here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" I7 first one and loving it.
You are confusing me here. First you say "on your Mac" then you say "on your laptop" and on your Mac you have the latest iTunes and on your Laptop a earlier Version of iTunes that will recognise the ispw ?? Correct ?? Yes ?? Then where is the problem ??

What i want to know is what type of Laptop do you have and is it Windows or a MB/MBA/MBP ??
I no you can go back a iOS version ONLY on the iPhone4 and no other and you can get there by downloading iTune 11.0.5 and you can download that here.

Is it true you can roll back to 6 on a Iphone 4? I have resisted going to IOS7 fearing I may not like the speed on my iPhone 4. I thought I had read you could not revert back to 6. I would try it if I can go back. I already have iTunes 11.0.5.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" I7 first one and loving it.
Thanks TattooedMac may give it a try then.

OP
MasterShake
Reaction score
Okay so sorry for the confusion but I have both a mac and a windows laptop that has vista yeah its old but it works. On my mac it has the latest itunes version and its kinda hard to downgrade that to 11.05 now on my windows laptop I have 11.05 itunes but if I was to restore my iphone 4 on that lalptop then I wouldn't be able to use it on my mac. Catching on so far? Good. When I tried to restore to 5.1.1 on my laptop Itunes just had an error so I might have to try out my 6.0.1 blobs I don't have any 6.1.3 blobs cause I was semi tethered on that firmware. I tried doing the 6.1.2 blobs but ifaith said it was a bad blob file. Hopefully I can go back to ios 6 cause ios 7.0.2 is kinda slow on my iphone 4 it works but its not terrible just meh. Now the question is is there any other program I can use to transfer media to my iphone 4 other then itunes on my mac since I can't use itunes unless I downgrade it?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.