Apple Mail (Mac Mail)

Reaction score
Have iMac desktop / Mountain Lion.
My mail is giving me an Alert / The connection to host.biz.mail.yahoo.com on 995 failed.
It indicates I have a problem with mail server or network. I haven't made any changes to anything but have this problem. In my mailbox listing on the left side of my mail there are numerous circular symbols with exclamation points inside. I left mouse click on these symbols and it gives me my online status. Indicates that one of my accounts is offline due to network problem. A drop down box appears to ask me for my password. I type my password in but nothing happens.
Does anybody know what I can do to get back on online with Apple Mail?
Thanx...

Screen Shot 2013-10-18 at 2.24.09 PM.png Screen Shot 2013-10-18 at 11.24.26 PM.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Have you tried to access your mail account from your browser? If it's a network problem, there isn't anything you can do until Yahoo resolves it. Try using Safari or whatever browser you're using to go direct to your account on the web by accessing the Yahoo mail server instead of using your Apple Mail application. If it's other than a network problem, it'll show up there.

OP
N
Reaction score
chscag,
Thanx for your reply. For the moment, am using my web browser (Firefox), as you suggested, to access my mail with Yahoo Mail and it's working fine. Would prefer to use my Apple Mail, so I found a possible fix by resetting my mail preferences for Apple Mail, but unfortunately, it didn't resolve the problem. Will continue my search and call Apple help and talk with somebody with a possible soulution.
Thanx once again for your suggestion!
naturesbestside.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" rMBP Mid-2014 ~ iPad 4 16GB ~ iPhone 6 Plus 16GB
OP
N
Reaction score
Checco,
I have indeed resolved the problem. Your answer was one of the problems I encountered.
Thanx so kindly!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" rMBP Mid-2014 ~ iPad 4 16GB ~ iPhone 6 Plus 16GB

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.