Folder

S

Snake Eyes

Does anyone know how to make ur folders open automatically if you drag a file over them to be placed in one of the subfolders in the main folder?

I seem to have lost that ability... My drag and drop is so windows style now... i can only drop it into the main folder then open the main folder and drag it to a desired sub folder...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
hmm, holding the item over the folder for a few seconds usually opens the folder so you can drop things into subfolders, what os are you running, and have you installed any new software?

Reaction score
The thing you are talking about is called spring-loaded folders.

Open finders preferences (click the finder menu item, just to the right of the apple logo at the top right) and then select general.

There should be a checkbox for spring loaded folders, I'm guessing yours got turned off somehow? you can also change the delay before it opens the folder too.

Hope that helps.

OP
S

Snake Eyes

zeta101 said:
The thing you are talking about is called spring-loaded folders.

Open finders preferences (click the finder menu item, just to the right of the apple logo at the top right) and then select general.

There should be a checkbox for spring loaded folders, I'm guessing yours got turned off somehow? you can also change the delay before it opens the folder too.

Hope that helps.

Hahaha... Thank You so much... Much Appreciated...

It Works...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.