Folder Permissions differ between Finder and Dreamweaver

Reaction score
My MacBook Pro HD crashed, I replaced it, and I copied my files back to the new HD from a backup (not Time Capsule). I am running Lion with all current updates.

Using Finder, I can create, delete, and rename files and folders in my Documents folder. When I launch Dreamweaver and try to create a new folder from within it, I get the message that my Documents folder is read-only, and I cannot create a new folder or save to existing ones. I tried setting EVERYONE to Read&Write on the Documents folder just to see if that would fix it, but it still indicates a read-only state. As a repair attempt, I performed a Repair Permissions using Disk Utility. Upon verifying the disk, it reports the disk appears to be okay. Still, I cannot create or save to an existing folder in Documents from within Dreamweaver.

I am a little baffled. Any thoughts or ideas?

RESOLVED - Quite frankly, I am not sure what I did to fix it. At one point I closed Dreamweaver and reopened it, and suddenly all was well with the world. Anyway, it is fixed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

it does happen that larger suites such a MS Office and Adobe do not clone well, if you used a cloning program. Your post does not say. Go into Dreamweaver and see if you can re-activate using the product key. if not Adobe Forums may mention a way to download again and use your key.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.