Problems with the VESA Mount Adapter

Reaction score
I plan to fix my iMac now against the wall. After I connected the standard rack so there was suddenly a loud "Shut" sound. When thus had attached previously connected to the rack moved to the bottom. Possible it is poorly explained, so I put a picture. Anyone have an idee to get it fixed up, so I can connect to the VESA Mount Adapter. Thanks in advance.

imac.JPG

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I for one am not sure I understand 100% what's going on (with the info that's posted). Plus you did not mention what model iMac you have.

But...have you tried watching any of the many You Tube videos that explain how to install a VESA mount/adapter on various iMac models (I did take a quick look).

I'm thinking this should be all the help you need. Pictures/videos are worth a 1000 words.:)

- Nick

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Definitely watch the videos as suggested by Nick. The hardest part as I understand it is getting the original stand off and using the VESA mount in its place. However, just in case you haven't yet purchased the iMac, you can now purchase an iMac with the VESA mount already put in place by Apple.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
...you can now purchase an iMac with the VESA mount already put in place by Apple.

When responding the OP's question earlier...I came across that info as well (I hadn't heard of that before). I didn't look into it in a super detailed way. So I wasn't 100% sure if the deal was that the iMac came with:

- VESA adapter installed...instead of the traditional stand.
- VESA adapter installed...and the original stand is in the box (if needed later).

I did notice that there's about a $40 up-charge for the VESA already installed iMac versions (the cost of the iMac VESA adapter).

iMac

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD179ZM/A/vesa-mount-adapter-kit-for-imac

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.