What can be installed?

S

Snake Eyes

Hi there,

Reading the other threads, i have noticed that the new macbook pro will run native programs through Rosetta... If thats the case, what programs can be run through the macbook pro? Can i run exe. files?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Nope.

Well, if you get Virtual PC you could.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Intel-based Macs will run PowerPC applications through Rosetta, not "native" ones.

They will not run Windows applications (.exe's) at all, until a new version of VirtualPC becomes available.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
technologist said:
Intel-based Macs will run PowerPC applications through Rosetta, not "native" ones.

They will not run Windows applications (.exe's) at all, until a new version of VirtualPC becomes available.
Or until Vista comes out and someone figures out how to dual boot. :)

Reaction score
technologist said:

competely agree. 100%

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
Discerptor said:
Or until Vista comes out and someone figures out how to dual boot. :)
And again... Intel processors do not equate to ever being able to boot Windows on a Mac natively.
You are still looking at two different systems... the CPU has very little to do with what OS you can or cannot boot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.