Advice needed please help!!!

Reaction score
I am looking into getting my first iBook. I am not looking at a new model but last years instead. I am looking at a g4 with 256mb of ram. All I want to use this for is internet and Office apps that sort of thing. Can someone reccomend me what I should be looking for specs wise? I would like to be able to run Tiger on it. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
badmojo said:
You really should have at least 512 mb to use Tiger.
This is almost required to have it run well.. Tiger is not as easy on memory as panther was.

Other then that just get what you can afford... 1.33ghz should be fine, or even 1ghz for what you are planning to use it for. My recomendation would be 1.33ghz. 512 ram. 60gb hd. 32mb vram. 12inch screen. good amount of stuff for your money, and not bad performacne for what you want to do with it.

OP
R
Reaction score
PowerBookG4 said:
This is almost required to have it run well.. Tiger is not as easy on memory as panther was.

Other then that just get what you can afford... 1.33ghz should be fine, or even 1ghz for what you are planning to use it for. My recomendation would be 1.33ghz. 512 ram. 60gb hd. 32mb vram. 12inch screen. good amount of stuff for your money, and not bad performacne for what you want to do with it.

How much do you think I can pick up a used one with this config for?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.