Untitled Disc Too Large to Burn; but its not

Reaction score
I've been having trouble burning movies to a DVD on my Macbook Pro.
I keep getting the error "untitled disc is too large to burn...etc" Even if the size of the file is less than half the size of the DVD.
I was able to remedy this by deleting files on my computer to make room and then when that didn't work I "erased free space" on my computer. Finally it worked.
So, then I tried to burn some more stuff I uploaded to my computer but again got that msg. So, I deleted more stuff and erased the free space on my Mac several times but it will not work again.
My mac now reads 46 GB used and 113 GB free. With a capacity of 159.7 GB.
I had more space on my computer used up the first time I tried to burn when it worked but now that I have even less space used up it won't work again. It doesn't make any sense to me??
Any suggestions would be great!! I would appreciate the help :)

OP
J
Reaction score
I've actually been able to fix my issue (even though I was working on it for days and finally decided to post to this forum for help)
It must have been the DVD's I was using but it was giving me the wrong error msg maybe? I went out and bought memorix DVD-r's and tried it and it worked no problem! I read that others have used that brand and they seem to work better.
It's still weird because it worked before with the other DVD's I had but the ones I was using (there were only a few left that I took from a friend) did have some smudges and scratches on them so that may have been what affected it, although it was giving me the error msg that they wouldn't fit even if I tried burning the smallest document. Both types of DVD-rs had the same amount of space on them too (standard 4.7)
Thank you for replying though!! Maybe this will help someone else out too :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Maybe they do. Top brand media should only be used. Never had a drinks coaster using Verbatim.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.