Connecting to a projector

Reaction score
I have been doing Power Point presentations on our work projector which is a Sharp XR-30X, using my Dell laptop. The computer input for the projector is a 15 pin socket label'd as:

COMPUTER/ 21 COMPONENT 22 input terminal Terminal for computer
RGB and component signals.

My Dell did have such a socket and I could connect with a double ended plug cable but I have now gone on to a MacBook Pro which doesn't have this 15 pin outlet

Can someone advise how best to connect to this socket please? I assume I need an adapter to connect either my HDMI or USB output to this socket?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 13"MBA 2.2GHz i7, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.11.6
Thunderbolt to RGB adapter...

31SgG3pG5yL._SX385_.jpg

C

chas_m

Well maybe ...

The OP didn't specify what model MBP he has, so perhaps a substantially cheaper mini-DVI or miniDisplayPort adapter is what is actually needed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Early 2015 13"MBA 2.2GHz i7, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.11.6
Since he upgraded his computer, I assumed new; and 99% of presentation projectors, new and old, have VGA inputs...

If it's a new MBP and newer projector you could go straight HDMI...

OP
C
Reaction score
Since he upgraded his computer, I assumed new; and 99% of presentation projectors, new and old, have VGA inputs...

If it's a new MBP and newer projector you could go straight HDMI...

I was hoping for HDMI but there is no HDMI input on the projector!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.