Quad Monitors blanking out

S

sandals1621

Anyone else experience this???

Quad G5, Nvidia 6600 card, no heat issues.

Every once in awhile my monitors willl just loose signal, regain signal, and then come back... has nothing to do with how long it's been on, what programs are open, it's not a heat issue, and it's powered through a dedicated UPS.

I've checked to make sure there is a dust, oor card seat issue, but all of those things are hapy as can be.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
are the cables screwed into the video card propperly?? if not maybe your foot is hitting the cables and moving them just enough to loose the connection for a moment
-chris

OP
S

sandals1621

coach_z said:
are the cables screwed into the video card propperly?? if not maybe your foot is hitting the cables and moving them just enough to loose the connection for a moment
-chris

uh.. no... this is not an ID10T error this is something else.

#1 cables are connected properly and have been since november
#2 my feet are nowhere near the computer.
#3, even if my feet were doing it, it wouldn't be both monitors, in sequence, then it would possibly one, or both, not both everytime.

That was why i was leaning towards a heat, possibly driver conflict.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
how old is the ups? it could be going bad, unless the computer is attatched to it aswell and it is not having the same problems.

OP
S

sandals1621

No, this UPS is an 1800 Watt APC, 4 months old, computer and the 2 LCDs are connected to it...... its nothing external.... It's got to be somewhere in the machine. BTW applecare was no help.... they were stumped... hence why i'm trying to get ideas..... If I could find 7800gtx card i'd put that in and see if the problem goes away... but finding that card = almost impossible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
You may try adjusting your refresh rates... The ATI X700 in my PC flickers like that unless I make sure both monitors are set to 75 Hertz. Just an idea :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
it could be becasuse you are a completely ignorant **** and that sometimes the easiest solution is often overlooked.
-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
Did you install the video card yourself?
Is is screwed in tightly?
did you buy it new or used?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
Try pulling the video card completely out of the computer, blowing some compressed air (carefully) into the card slot and over the card itself, and then firmly but carefully reseat the card (don't forget to tighten the screw!) I had a similar problem when I installed my Radeon X800 and this fixed it; has worked 100% perfectly since, and come through 2 moves just fine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.