Need to find Logic board for macbook air

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

A friend of mine spilled water in her macbook air and its totally dead.
She is doing a lot of school projects and I promised her parents to try
to help but find it difficult to find even a used logic board to purchase.

The Macbook Air is model A1369 and Logic board is 820 3032A.

All I can find on Ebay is models like 820 3023 and 820 2838A

Is there a list of compatible Logic Boards to the model number?

Is the different Logic board numbers just for the difference in RAM
and CPU speed and such?

Any help would be appreciated!!!

Thanks for a great forum, gonna look around :)

Michael

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Her MacBook Air is a Mid 2011 13" model. Finding an exact logic board to replace the damaged one may be difficult and also expensive. We have no way of cross referencing the logic board part numbers and as far as I'm aware, only Apple or an authorized Apple repair service would be able to.

The only advice I can give you is to keep looking on eBay for the exact part number or perhaps on Craig's List. Also, buyer beware! If you do find a logic board you have no way of knowing if it will work until after you get it installed. And there is always the possibility that other parts in addition to the logic board may be damaged.

I would advise her parents that it might be better to sell the damaged machine for parts and use that money to buy her a new one. Might be money ahead in the long term.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Further here is a repairer that quotes prices from $350.00 for repair. They advertise water spills welcome.

MacBook Air Repair Services

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.