Would like to Use Mac Full time, but issues still with Mac File Managers. .

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Ok, fair enough, not sure exactly what the differences are, apart from it being split vertically not horizontally.

I'll also add the total finder just extends fifer, not replaces it so all those finder ' safeguards' are still there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Thank you "lifeisabeach" for telling me about Automator Action, which I didn't know existed. I will research and attempt to add those functions later.

If you need some help, I can help you create a specific workflow in Automator and other instructions on what to do. You seem sharp enough to work it out though. ;) Automator and OS X's Services features are often overlooked but can really add a lot of extra functionality to OS X, and customized to your liking. Even the ability to customize keyboard shortcuts on a per-app basis or system wide is something few people really think or know about, yet that is baked right in and available in the Keyboard preferences.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
I am going to apologize to start with. I havent read every post since the first one.

But being a avid Linux user and mainly Ubuntu since about 2005. There is not telling how many threads I have seen about users not liking "__________" (fill in the blank) that its keeping them from using Linux or OSX or what ever, that they must go back to Windows..

Well first off, if they were all the same. There would be no reason to have multiple OS's on the market. Plain and simple. That said, the user should use what ever he or she is most comfortable with and they should really stay with what ever is most compatible with their business. One of the HUGE very HUGE arguments with small business owners in regards to Linux is Quick Books. Its the number one killer for linux for small business owners.

Now for Finder, I love it. Its simple and effective. I am also a huge Gnome2 Nautilus fan. They are very similar on the top in my opinion. Finder has many view options, there are ways to view the full file names, but honestly there is so many options. One can get lost setting them up if your new. But I understand your complaint. I hate windows, but its file manager while crapy and full of bugs does make it easy to read the full file name without having a PHD in file managers.. Finder displays very similar to Nautilus in it wants to cut the names off to much and default spacing is flakey.. But other then that I love the user interface.

But when things are said and done. Use what makes you happy.. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.