Disappearing Spotlight photo comments

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
Recently I've noticed that my Spotlight comments have been disappearing. I did some searching around the forum and noticed that other people have had similar issues, but unlike them, mine are only with one kind of file: photos (specifically jpg files). I've tried rebuilding the Spotlight index a couple of times, and even asked at the Apple Store to see if I had done something wrong. Initially, I thought it was something to do with OnyX and mentioned this to the technician at the Apple Store, who (as far as I could tell) appeared to agree with me.

Today I was looking for a picture of a tiffin [a kind of chocolate cake] that I had taken in Brighton [UK] a couple of years ago. When I clicked on the Get info tab, I noticed that my comments had disappeared. Oddly, the Queen song Brighton Rock (also on my computer) was unaffected. I then tried it again with a picture I took last August, and the comments were still there. Still confused, I tried searching Spotlight again for a picture I took in January of this year, and the comments were gone. The other thing that is equally strange is that the pictures still show up in the Spotlight search results. They're just not with their respective files.

Sorry if this is a bit incoherent, but it's getting really frustrating because I like to use the Spotlight comments to remind myself where and when I took a picture. I'm running a three year old MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.