Mac Pro Specs from Start Up (Snow Leopard)

Reaction score
Hey all. Quick question...

Is there a way to view my Mac Pro specs without actually logging in? I guess to rephrase that, from startup? I'm running Snow Leopard.

Reason being is I'm selling it and have it restored to set-up a fresh install for the person who purchases it. I don't want to have to install the OS and create a Username just to view the specs.

I do already know the specs but I'd like to be able to take a picture of the spec sheet so I can upload it to my for sale ad. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

Take it you are passing on the Snow Leopard DVD? If so take the pics when running your OS, and after sale boot from the SL DVD and erase the hard drive and format Mac OS Extended (Journaled) The new owner will be ablke to set up as he/she wishes and it is a great learning experience. Suggest theyb use the OS X.6.8Combo Updater after it is up and running.

OP
L
Reaction score
I appreciate the welcome and the quick reply! Thanks :)

The problem I have is I don't have the SL DVD. I purchased a few of these computers for quite cheap from a local business but they did not include the recovery disc.

OP
L
Reaction score
I'm sure this is a stupid question, but, if I buy the disc from Apple can I burn it and make a few copies? I have 5 more of these Mac Pro's that I am selling and no installation discs.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I'm sure this is a stupid question, but, if I buy the disc from Apple can I burn it and make a few copies? I have 5 more of these Mac Pro's that I am selling and no installation discs.

That would be a BIG FAT NO!

- Nick

C

chas_m

That is not legal. At $20 apiece -- and with buyers likely more than willing to offset that expense in exchange for having the security of the OS DVD -- do the right thing, particularly as you are making (indirect) money off Apple.

OP
L
Reaction score
Okay, thanks everyone for your help! I will be ordering 5 of these discs from Apple today. Cheers!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.