Powerbook G4 Getting Hot During Games

L

lorddraco98

I have a 12" powerbook G4 that I got back in June, 1.5 GHz G4 and1.25 GB RAM.

Whenever I go to play World of Warcraft, my powerbook gets really hot and the fans stay on at max. I've turned the detail settings down and it still does it. I'm not seeing a performance hit or anything, I'm just wondering if this is normal or if there is something I can do to make it run a little bit quieter? I do have other applications running: firefox, adium, thunderbird, ical, terminal. Should I have those closed/will that help?

The thing that got me thinking about this was that my friend has a 14" iBook G4 and it runs the game completely silent without any problems, so I'm unsure to why mine gets so hot and why the fans are getting so loud

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" i7 Unibody, HK Speakers and a Wacom A5 Wide tablet
You should really turn off all unnecessary apps as the games really do take a strain on the powerbook. Although you have quite a bit of RAM in your PB so it sounds unusual. Give your Powerbook a little clean and check all vents are clear.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.