pc user scared to move to Mac

Reaction score
Hi all, Please could you help me...I am a PC user and I use Mipony, which I use for downloading free videos. At present I just copy the links on the website, Mipony does the rest, it downloads all say 14 parts, then it automatically extracts it by automatically inserting the password. [which I tell it] Is there a Mac program, which I could pay for which does ALL this, or will I be forced to stay with a P.C? I want to move to Mac as there is no registry, so will not slow down over time with bloat in registry.
Please tell me there is a program like Mipony, I know I MAY be able to run it through WINE??? But prob won't work I guess?? I know you have IDM, but they don't extract the zip files automatically once downloaded. MANY THANKS TO ALL !!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU !!
Kev :Confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I Mac 27-inch 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 24GB ram. MacBook Pro 13-inch 2.5GHz dual-core Intel i5 16GB ram
Not sure about Mipony, but personally I have been able to find mac alternatives for all the Windows programs that I used before I switched to mac.
If not you could always always run Windows on your mac using Bootcamp or in emulation with Parallels, VMWare or VirtualBox

C

chas_m

This sounds a lot like you are wanting a program to pirate videos, since I cannot think of any legal videos that come as multi-part files that need to be extracted with a password etc.

So, if that's your aim, stay with the PC.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Mipony - Download manager

This is the app he is talking about. Chas brought out it's probably used for pirated Videos so I figured I would post the URL so people can decide.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's not the app itself Dennis, that's OK. But take a close look at the web sites it works best with. All are file sharing sites which means that chas is likely correct in his assumption.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
That was why I posted that. it's clear what it's meant to be used with. That app itself just like a torrent client is not bad. Just what people use it for.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.