Flash player for iPad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacsOSX13.6.4;10.13.6;iPhone SE2 17.3.1;SE1 15.8;iPadMini15.8;iPadAir 2 15.8
As Adobe says that its flash player won't work 'with this device' is there a suitable alternative?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Others might have different ways but this is what I do. Use a Browser where the page loads on a Cloud server. The server has the flash and renders the page then passes it to the browser. If you are interested I will check my iPad and see what I use for that. It works quite well. I can play any Flash game that way.

Adobe is correct though, no Flash on the iPad itself.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacsOSX13.6.4;10.13.6;iPhone SE2 17.3.1;SE1 15.8;iPadMini15.8;iPadAir 2 15.8
Flash for iPad

Others might have different ways but this is what I do. Use a Browser where the page loads on a Cloud server. The server has the flash and renders the page then passes it to the browser. If you are interested I will check my iPad and see what I use for that. It works quite well. I can play any Flash game that way.

Adobe is correct though, no Flash on the iPad itself.

Thanks. Perhaps I should explain the problem. I am, by default, the webmaster for our village website. On the iPad I can only see text and downloads etc are all missing. It's not a major problem for me as I have the source material but it would be useful to be able to access the website in full viewing mode.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
There is no "Flash" on any iOS nor Android device.

If you want your site fully accessible to these operating systems, then you're going to need to move your site away from using flash.

Or else you make everyone wanting access to do what you are now doing - want access bad enough that they will google or come to a forum to find out how they can view flash content on those devices. How many will want to get to your site bad enough to do that?

Cloud Browse has been around the longest - no longer free either - will your customers pay to get to your site?
Photon is another - haven't used it in awhile.
Flash is bad news if you want mobile devices to be able to view/use your site.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What is the URL to the site so I can try it on my iPad with what I mentioned above?

C

chas_m

I'm not even going to get into the SERIOUS security issues Flash has -- I keep it on my Mac browsers and have to update it 2-3 times a MONTH to stay current. Some days I think the developers of Flash and Java got into a bet about how many times they could push security updates -- and at the moment Flash is winning!

If at all possible, move away from Flash for typical website stuff. Not only will this help users of older machines visit your site without bogging down, but you avoid a ton of issues like the one you're here for.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.