Time to Switch, New to Mac rig question?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Thanks for the idea vansmith, the only problem is I really don't want to be opening up this new system to install ram. I've read that it has no access door for memory correct? I'll search around and see if I can find a video or how to on adding memory.

You're thinking of the 21.5" iMacs. The 27" does have an easy-access door in back of the monitor. LINK

One last thing, I read Apple has an announcement coming up on October 22 and one of the rumors was lowering the price on the iMac's. So I'm thinking of waiting to order after the 22. I know I know... I can wish right?

;)

Doubt prices will change seeing as a refresh just occurred. The event later this month will be new iPad/iPad mini, and release of Mavericks.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
One last thing, I read Apple has an announcement coming up on October 22 and one of the rumors was lowering the price on the iMac's. So I'm thinking of waiting to order after the 22. I know I know... I can wish right?

There's almost always something just around the corner (rumor) that can cause you to rethink/delay a purchase decision. Problem is...October 22nd could come & go...and nothing happen.

Could be an accurate rumor...or just idle theorizing by some self-professed experts looking to pump up their egos!;)

Either way...you never know until it actually happens!;)

- Nick

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I keep telling you guys: Send me that $ to purchase the current gear you want. The new stuff will be announced within a few days. You then purchase the newly announced gear. You get new gear, I get new gear everybody's happy.

OP
Sharkz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
5K iMac, i7 Turbo, 512 SSD, Radeon R9 M295X, 24GB Ram
MYmaxROX thanks for the link. That looks easiest enough to do. Just read some posts about other owners saying the memory slots are really tight. But I'll do the upgrade myself.

Nick we all know how that works. As soon as you buy a computer it's outdated isn't it ;)

Slydude send me your address I'll get the check right out to you :Smirk:

Another note you should of heard me trying to explain to my wife why the iMac was so expensive... too funny. She said "you built all your other computers for $1000" will this one cook dinner and clean the house ;D. Needless to say she will be doing some nice shopping of her own soon.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Nick we all know how that works. As soon as you buy a computer it's outdated isn't it ;)

Of course...very true.:) So why put off the inevitable until October 22nd??;)

It's 8:18pm EDT. Since you're in NY state...head out to your local Apple Store (they're still open). And buy an iMac...so it will be outdated tomorrow!;)

- Nick

OP
Sharkz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
5K iMac, i7 Turbo, 512 SSD, Radeon R9 M295X, 24GB Ram
Only problem is my local Apple store is an hour away and when I was there last weekend they didn't have the iMac I was looking for in stock :(. They had to order it , told them never mind I could do that myself. Maybe this weekend..

C

chas_m

There is no chance, zero, that Apple is going to change anything at all regarding iMacs on October 22nd. Zilch, zip, nada, I personally guarantee it. They JUST updated them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.