iphoto book data transfer

Reaction score
I would love to know how to transfer the data or the actual construction info for the picture books that I make in iphoto to my other computer. How do I do this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
What other computer ?? What Mac do you have now with iPhoto on it, and what OS are you running on this Mac??

But a way you can do this, if the other computer is a Mac, is get a Ext HD and drag the iPhoto Library to the Ext HD, Making sure it is Formatted in Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and then hook it up to the other Computer, and hold down 'Option' and then Navigate to the Library on the Ext and open it. To keep that Picture book on the Mac, i think you have to keep the Library on the other Mac to be able to access the Book . . . . Or you can try right clicking on the Library and then Show Package Contents and go through that and see if you can find the book in that folder and drag it to a Thumb drive and then to the Other Mac . . .

OP
K
Reaction score
I will try all that thank you.. and just to make sure, i'm not necessarily talking about the photos but the actual hidden makings of the book deep down inside iPhoto.. I understand the new computer and the new iphoto will need the images, those are on an external HD to begin with... i will try.. thanks again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
........ i'm not necessarily talking about the photos but the actual hidden makings of the book deep down inside iPhoto..

This is why i said to try the 'Show Package Contents' as it might have the book sitting there as a file you could/Might be able to just drag into the other iPhoto ?
I did have a book, but with clean install and new Library, i cant test this theory out./\/\

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.