Intel 5 series/3400 USB driver failing to install

Reaction score
I am using Boot Camp to install Windows 7 64 bit on an iMac (mid 2010). After Windows and Apple Windows drivers are installed, I get an error message about the Intel 5 series/3400 Series Chipset Family USB Universal Host controller 3B3B failing to install. Reinstalling the driver does not work. I get the yellow triangle with the exclamation mark on the computer icon in the list of devices, indicating there is a problem.

I searched for a solution for this problem on the Apple website. I found info about this exact issue with the MacBook Pro, (mid 2010), Windows 7 64 bit and Boot Camp. The article said to ignore it, that this wouldn't be a problem. Would this also not be a problem for my iMac?

Any comments or suggestions?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm assuming you downloaded the driver image from Apple per the Boot Camp Assistant instructions? If you have and those are the drivers you installed, the USB host controller driver should be OK. In any event, open your Control Panel Boot Camp applet, and run update to see if there are any updates from Apple to download.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.