outgoing caller ID in iPhone 5 with iOS 7

Reaction score
how do I change my outgoing caller ID? I recently retired, upgrading my iPhone, changed carriers and cancelled my old account....but did retain the phone #. My former employer name appears on my outgoing calls and is driving me nuts. Everything appears as it should with my new carrier.

M

MacInWin

Where are you seeing it? Caller ID from the phone company is associated the the name on the account, but if you are testing by calling to a smartphone, the system usually gets the name from the contacts list on that device.

OP
C
Reaction score
It appears whenever I call a landline. I shows when I call my home from the iPhone and it just happened when I called a friend on his landline. Only thing I'm thinking is that the AT&T account may not have fully cleared my number from their system.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks for the confirmation, Jake. I spent three hours on the phone until "logic" took over.
We'll see how long it takes AT&T to change things. Thanks again,
Cliff

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.