RAID Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 2.5Ghz 4Gb Mem 250Gb SSD & MacbookPro 15" 2013 Retina
Ok so while i wait for the Quad Processor i have managed to purchase 3 x 1TB Seagate Identical Drives but what do i do Stripe them to make 3Tb ????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
You will have no protection with RAID 0. You would be better served using a better RAID level for your needs. In this situation if you lose one drive all is gone. If data is important at all you really need to look to RAID 5 or better which will give you parity and the ability to lose a drive and be OK until you get it replaced and rebuilt.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I obviously cant achieve Raid 5 with the onboard controller or can i ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
-->
I obviously cant achieve Raid 5 with the onboard controller or can i ?

Mac Pro I am assuming?? You can do software RAID, but the performance is better with a hardware solution. I have heard mixed reviews on Apple's hardware RAID controller and I have not worked with one to tell you much.

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Im currently un decided what to do my idea is to transfer all in which I'm half way through my DVD making them into a m4v collection and stream on my Apple TV's i have dotted around the house. I ether leave them separately or use raid but as you say Raid 0 an 1 are un safe.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.