How to change default file (.srt & .lrc) icon in Mountain Lion?

Reaction score
Is there a way to change the default icon for a specific file in Mountain Lion? I know about Candybar but that seems to only work on files that the system has already allocated a specific icon to. I want to change the default icons of certain files based ONLY on their extension.

Basically, .srt and .lrc files are my problem. They don’t automatically have the same icon ( whether I use Textedit or TextWrangler as default app doesn’t matter) as standard .txt files. They just have that annoying grey square as an icon, which is for files that the OS basically doesn’t recognize even though they’re just text files with different extensions.TextEdit is already set as default app for .srt and .lrc files, but that doesn't change their icon, as it would in Windows.

Is there a way to get .srt and .lrc files to have the same default icon as .txt files? I know how to change them individually (via the ‘GetInfo’ window and then just copying and pasting the little icon at the top) but I don’t want to have to do that EVERY time. I have A LOT of .srt and .lrc files, so it would just be nightmarish to have to do that.
I also know about the info.plist file in the actual app package, but I don’t know much about tinkering around in there.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated – thanks!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.