Mailbox error moving to trash

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Whose the mail provider for this account?

OP
H
Reaction score
Oh, forgot this was still out there. I finally solved this problem. Google must have changed something that finally affected the account. I had it marked to stay on server when deleted and my other accounts that work didn't have it that way. But it worked just fine for 3 years then one day this started happening. That's when I started comparing each account and spotted that little difference. Sorry but I forgot this was even out there. Another thread on it's own that got no reply.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Gmail has got known problems with Mail. Their IMAP implementation differs from the norm.

Mail used to be OK with this but the Mavericks Mail implementation of IMAP seems far more strict.

Not sure there's a silver bullit fix yet but there's more info below

There's more info in these links:
Gmail and Mavericks Mail: Why they aren't playing nice and what you can do about it | iMore
https://discussions.apple.com/message/23485199#23485199
6 Known Issues With OS X Mavericks and How to Fix Them | Gadget Lab | Wired.com
How Mavericks ruined Apple Mail for Gmail users | TUAW - The Unofficial Apple Weblog

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.