NAT help.

Reaction score
Hello,

Basically I use my android galaxy s3 for internet uses ,but I have been having a "NAT" problem with the tethering. I did a simple google search and this article came up on how to obtain an open nat: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1618279. In the thread he describes what to do to obtain an open nat on a windows laptop. I have an macbook and I really don't know a lot about networking on macs. So could someone explain how I would do these steps on a mac.

Thanks,
Eric

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
What is the exact issue and situation you have?

The link you have provided is to open up NAT on an shared internet connection when connecting to an xbox. The source of the wireless connection doesn't really matter so this isn't going to help if you're having issues connecting to your tethered device. But that depends on exactly what you're trying to do and the errors you're getting

OP
E
Reaction score
I'm trying to get an open nat when connecting to xbox live. Right now many of my friends can't connect to my parties or play games with me. I'm trying to open it so they can.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Which version of OSX do you have?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You can use this to open NAT on your firewall settings

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's not your sharing settings that are the issue. It's the ports that are open on the firewall.
You're going to have to read up on the documentation supplied with the app but what you want to use it for is to select a particular connection (Ethernet or wifi - depending on which is constricting your connection) and open up The ports used by Xbox live (as per your link above)

OP
E
Reaction score
Well I'm getting an IP address error every time I try to connect now. How would I fix this? Also is there a user manual for the program?

Thank You for the help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Have you added the ports and port forwarding into the firewall using waterproof?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
waterroof is just an 'easy' frontend to the OSX firewall. Perhaps, you could direct your specific questions to the developer. But either way you'd need to get you're hands dirty understanding firewalls and networks a bit better.

However, perhaps this page will help you. It's a bit dated but should still be current for resolving your issues

OP
E
Reaction score
Well I followed all what he said until I got to the "NAT Woes and Port Forwarding" section I keep getting an IP address error how do I fix this? I made sure all the info was correct

OP
E
Reaction score
Anyone have an Idea on what to do? I did a 3 google searches and couldn't find a lot on ip adress errors with androids.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Can you give full details about what you've done so far and the exact IP error you're getting please

OP
E
Reaction score
It just says on the xbox IP address error Unplug power for 30 seconds from the router or modem reconnect the power and wait an additional 30 seconds. That's all it says

OP
E
Reaction score
I also have only went through the guide, and I have tried the process with a crossover cable and an Ethernet ,but I still get stuck at the first section

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Spent some time this morning using those guides to configure Internet sharing to my xbox and it's working. I know that kind of information doesn't help you directly, aside from telling you it's entirely possible.

Have you considered connecting directly to your phone as a wireless hotspot rather than using ICS?

OP
E
Reaction score
yes, I've tried ,but every time I never get an open nat and can't join a lot of my friends. I wen't through the guide you liked me to and double checked everything to the point where I was stuck at, but I still get an Ip address error.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.