iOS 7 upgrades

Reaction score
Why would Mac fool with the calendar in iOS 7? The calendar was fine before now it stinks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
A very objective review. Thank you for the well thought out observations and helpful suggestions for improvement. Well done.

PS - who is Mac?

OP
W
Reaction score
iOS 7 upgrade

XJ-linus (senior member)
I apologize for not being more articulate in my post about the "improvements" Apple made in their calendar. However, the old style worked just fine and was more user friendly than the improved version. There is an old adage, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

If Apple thinks jazzing up the graphics on their calendar will make people rush out and buy a new iPad or iPhone rather than lets say a competitive model with many more features, they have another guess coming. Too bad we can't resurrect Steve Jobs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
The fact that iOS7 got adopted faster than any other iOS and iPhone and iPad sales it will make it hard to say people will not accept change as they apparently have voted with their pocket books but thats not to say at some point they may offer the ability to customize certain things.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Very true. Every new version of OS X or iOS is a love - hate relationship. Most folks love the new versions but there are some who hate it. And of course then there are the fan boys who think everything Apple "walks on water". ;P

Reaction score
We were just talking about iOS7 at Thanksgiving supper tonight. Everybody was happy with the new iOS but did not like the new Calendar. More business for Readdle's Calendar 5.

C

chas_m

Personally I find the Calendar to be more readable than before, but I admit I'd like a little less white in it (I've spoken about the high "white" content in iOS 7 elsewhere). I was absolutely NOT a fan of the faux-leather (and more importantly the reduced functionality). However, as Demapples points out, there are great alternatives out there if you want.

If you want to use Calendar but just don't like the data-entry aspect, take a look at Fantastical for iOS. There is a version 2.0 coming REALLY SOON that will be a separate purchase, so I can't suggest you buy it yet -- but its a "staple app" on my Mac and I'm waiting for 2.0 to buy it for my iPhone. Everyone I've suggested it to loves it, and I'll bet you will too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 20" iMac 2.4 GHz, Core 2 Duo iPod Touch, iPhone 5, iPad Mini (Black), & iPad/4th Gen (Black)
Very true. Every new version of OS X or iOS is a love - hate relationship. Most folks love the new versions but there are some who hate it. And of course then there are the fan boys who think everything Apple "walks on water". ;P

Well said sir. Personally I like iOS 7, but to me the colors don't contrast enough (between apps and background). Apple, is far from "Walking on Water". Once the prices on their products drop, than they will be closer to walking on water (my personal opinion).

:Cool:

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi woolieone

Your comments are very general. Which aspects of Calendar do you not care for or find irritating? Reason I ask is that there are some features which have not been widely publicised, but other forum sites as well as this one have directed people to tweaks and tricks that can circumnavigate some of the irritations.

For example, in my ignorance, I couldn't get a list view of daily events as per iOS6. Dead easy when someone tells you how to achieve this. A trivial example, perhaps; but can we assist with specific annoyances which you have?

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Wrong forum for iOS 7 discussion? :)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.