(dual-USB)WONT TURN ON......plz help

R

RockmanX1234

I plug the ac in and press power.......nothing

I bought a used M6497 (G3) from my friend. I know nothing of mac. The battery was dead and it came with no AC charger, so I ordered this online...

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/laptoppartsnow/uhsdfsrzdgir837.html

I plug it in and it does nothing. Isn't there supposed to be an LED light where you plug the ac adapter in? Well anyway it doesnt light up or do anything. I tested the adapter with some hardware to see if it worked and it sure did.

I called apple and they wanted 50 dollars just for me to talk to someone (lol sodomy)

The AC port on the ibook isnt flimsy or anything, but the machine itself is not receiving any power.

Could anyone know what could be wrong with this laptop????
any help would be much appreciated...thanks

Reaction score
It could be that this new AC isn't the right kind..... or it could be that your friend has ripped you off by selling you something that isn't capable of using power....

You could always try a different apple ac and see if that works.

other than that I don't know what to suggest

OP
R

RockmanX1234

It couldn't be the ac adapter...the factory couldn't sell an ac adatper that doesnt convert ac into dc or else that would be fraud <<<(spelling). Like I said, I tested the ac adapter and it works fine, but it just boggles me on how my ibook wont get power. My only conslusion is that its the ac(dc) port on the ibook. The thing is, it's not flimsy at all. I might try ordering an ac adapter thats 2X the price (that does the same job), I'm about to either......

A) kill my self or....
B) get my money back

but GOSH DARNET, I want an ibook for a subjob.....grapics....websites....
ADOBEhttp://www.mac-forums.com/forums/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=0&forumid=14#
Radioactive

but.........no it wont work.... :mad:

any help.........b..u..m..p..

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Does your AC Adapter have that ring right before the Tip that plugs into the Mac? On the iBook that ring lights either Amber or Green showing full charge or dead battery. There are no other lights on the ibooks. Does yours light? I checked the URL of Adapter you bought and it should work with your book. When you plug in the plug that ring that lights is flush with the case of the iBook.

OP
R

RockmanX1234

No light whatsoever on the ibook. There's only a light on the bulky section of the power adapter that notifies the user that its receiving power.

OP
D

DigitalN.

dtravis7 said:
Does your AC Adapter have that ring right before the Tip that plugs into the Mac? On the iBook that ring lights either Amber or Green showing full charge or dead battery. There are no other lights on the ibooks. Does yours light? I checked the URL of Adapter you bought and it should work with your book. When you plug in the plug that ring that lights is flush with the case of the iBook.
only official Apple adapters do that, the ones made by them. my Macally and many others just light up at the brick if it is getting power.

OP
R

RockmanX1234

What would a be a possible diagnosis for my machine?

ibook g3 M6497

third party ac adapter

WONT CHARGE and the ibook doesnt get anypower, so it wont even turn on.

any thoughts?

any help would benifit my future, thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.