Stop Mail from opening when internet connection in renewed

Reaction score
Hey there guys,

I hope you all had a great start of this week.

I have old white Macbook (early 2007) running on OS X 10.5.8. Yes, I will upgrade it soon :) I've been using Mac Mail (3.6) for my entire Mac life but it became a problem recently because this app is stressing out my old 'n slow Macbook. So I disabled "open at Login" option from the dock, and Mail wouldn't open when my Macbook starts up. The problem seemed to be resolved, but now Mail will open whenever I wake my Macbook up from sleeping and new internet connection is built! This is driving me nuts! Can somebody tell me there is "open when connected to internet" option somewhere that I can disable? Please save me!

Thanks a lot for your time!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's been a loooooong time since I ran Leopard and that old a version of Mail, but check Mail preferences to make sure you don't have mail automatically connecting to your ISP to see if you have mail to download.

OP
R
Reaction score
Hahaha I know right? I am trying to update my Leopard but my external hard drive recently broke down. So until I find alternative back-up solution, my Macbook will stay this way... :p

I disabled the connection! I will check if this helps :) Thanks a lot!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.