Need help to reformat bootcamp for reinstall

Reaction score
Windows 7 stopped updating. Microsoft has been helping me to figure out issue. They want me to reformat and reinstall Windows 7. How do I do this? From Mac or PC side?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Do a repair install of Windows 7 from the Windows side. You can not reformat your Windows 7 partition while Windows is running and the only way to do it from OS X is to remove the Windows partition using the Boot Camp assistant. And then reinstalling Windows 7 all over again using Boot Camp.

I don't understand why Microsoft recommended what they did. Also, did you explain to them that you were running Windows 7 on a Mac using a Boot Camp dual boot?

Watch the following video to learn how to repair Windows 7.

OP
C
Reaction score
I did tell them that I was running Windows 7 on a MAC using Bootcamp. The guys admitted that they were clueless to MACs so I didn't go any further on it. I am not sure why Windows 7 stopped updating. I first got messages popping up about my version not being a Genuine Version (which it is). They got that to stop popping up but they can't get my Windows to accept updates. The problem has been moved up to higher level and that's when they told me to reformat and reinstall Windows.

OP
C
Reaction score
Operating Systems

I am using Mountain Lion X and Bootcamp that is with that system. Honestly I am more of a Windows person going back to DOS days. So my MAC abilities and knowledge are still growing. I purchased the MacBook Pro last August (2012) and put Bootcamp on it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.