• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

subtitles

Reaction score
I have two movie files,mp4 and mkv i have managed to put subtitles on both files but every time i try to convert them into mpg to burn on a dvd (to play on dvd player) i lose the subs, i use handbrake and have just downloaded mkvtoolnik, to add the subs,i use burn to convert to mpg and burn disc,any suggestions most welcome as this is doing my nut thanks

Reaction score
Subtitle Problem

I put subtitles on with "MP4tools"
Then I covert to mpg and burn with "iFFmpeg"

I know they are not free programmes but after much hair pulling in the past this is successful all the time.

OP
W
Reaction score
Thanks ever so much for the information Bobb, i may have to indeed pay for a programme at long last,but i wont give up trying just yet,still early days for me,once again thanks.

Reaction score
Sorry, I do not fully understand what you are saying about XYZsoft converter.
Did it work?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Because it was just a Chinese spammer trying once again to get past us.

OP
W
Reaction score
last two messages a bit weird,was trying to look at jeany86 reply but its not here whats going on??????.

Reaction score
Basicall there was a message from a "Chinese Spammer" it was illegible.
So I could not answer the question.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.