GTX 780M driver issues Bootcamp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 iMac, 3.5GHz Quad i7, 24GB RAM, GTX 780m, 10.8.5, iPhone6
been looking around on the net for the last hour or so any not really found anything that seems concrete.

i have the new late 2013 slimline imac with a gtx780m, ive bootcamped the machine to play a wider selection of games, i downloaded the beta of battlefield 4 and when it boots up it informs me that my GPU drivers are well out of date and i should update them from geforce website

there are a few options on the site, either manually find the driver yourself from the site and install it which i tried first and when it was installing it said that the hardware wasnt compatible, so i went back and downloaded the program that automatically updates the drivers as and when new ones are released, when that installs it tells me that my gpu drives are up to date although the drivers are months old and there are in fact about 10 newer updates since the one i have.....

any help?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I would ignore what the game says and just play it.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
In addition to what you were told above.... keep in mind that the GPU in your new iMac is a "mobility" GPU, not what you would normally find in a desktop. Make sure you're looking for the proper drivers. Lots of folks who own iMacs have made that mistake by trying to update their drivers with desktop versions. It doesn't work. Only the proper mobility drivers should be used.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad Core i7 3.5Ghz - 8gb Ram - GTX 780M 4Gb
I am having the exact same problem right now. Will keep trying different options and will report back if I find anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad Core i7 3.5Ghz - 8gb Ram - GTX 780M 4Gb
After trying out different things I seem to have solved it :) I just installed the beta driver on Nvidias page Drivers | GeForce This will install 331.40 and it let me install it. Hope this works for you too!

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 iMac, 3.5GHz Quad i7, 24GB RAM, GTX 780m, 10.8.5, iPhone6
thanks you :) i did that a few days ago however now i have an issue where when i tried to load bootcamp it doesn't boot, just stays at a black screen untill i hold the power button to restart then when i reboot windows it opens with the 'windows was not shut down blah blah blah' i start windows normally and it boots fine. im guessing its a driver issue somewhere

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.