Automator and web pages

Reaction score
I work for the State of Illinois (IL). I monitor job postings at work.illinois.gov (click on job postings). I filter by Agency by selecting one specific Agency, or sometimes two. Plus the Agency or Agencies may not have any postings at a given time. In that case the workflow would end. If there are postings for the specific agencies, applying this search returns a list of postings (urls) as a record set based on the applied search filters. I currently click on each link for each posting. Then save that job posting web page as a pdf. Is there a way to use Automator to do this? I can pull down all the urls from the main job postings website, but I have not been able to figure out how to apply the check box search filters to get a list of urls for job postings of specific agencies?

I would also like to search the text of the posting web page and use the posting id to create a folder name and name the pdf. For example, a posting ID for Corrections might be IDOC 1111. The folder created would be named IDOC 1111. The name of the pdf would also contain this ID plus another identifier I would create. You can click on one of the links to see a posting example. I could probably figure this out on my own if I could get the first part working.

Can all of this be done with Automator?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.