Comprei um Mac-Mini normal e ganhei um Mac-Mini Server

Reaction score
Comprei um macmini i7 pela fastshop e chegou na minha casa um macmini i7 com OSX-server. Como sou usuário doméstico e não farei nada de profissional com o computador, fiquei na dúvida se terei problemas em usar o osx-server. Alguém pode me dizer se há alguma desvantagem em usar o osx-server, em comparação com o M-Lion? Outra coisa, quando lançarem o novo OS, eu terei que pagar mais caro prá atualizar o OS-server?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
English please..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid-2010 Mac Mini OS 10.12.6 Sierra, 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display
HI Ashwin . . . I realize the use of English is a rule of this forum. I do not wish to enable those who are non-English speaking folks...I'm just thinking there maybe isn't a Portuguese Mac forum. Hopefully Temudjin will post again in English, or has found another source for Mac info. If this post is a violation, please remove and I will understand. I am only trying to help "T" . . . "T" asks:

I bought a i7 macmini by FastShop and it arrived at my home...a macmini i7 with OSX server. Since I am a home user and not do anything with the computer professionally, I doubted if I would have problems using the OSX-server. Can anyone tell me if there are any drawbacks to using osx-server, compared to the M-Lion? Another thing, when you launch the new OS, I will have to pay more for updates to the OSX-server?

OP
T
Reaction score
Sry guys, I did't see it was a English forum... :-0

anyway, as Dogbreath has translated it, I hope someone can help me.

I bought a i7 macmini by FastShop, but I received a macmini i7 with OSX server. Since I am a home user and not do anything with the computer professionally, I doubted if I would have problems using the OSX-server. Can anyone tell me if there are any drawbacks to using osx-server, compared to the M-Lion? Another thing, when Apple releases a new OS, I will have to pay more for updates to the OSX-server?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Answering your question

You will not have to pay for any updates to OSX server, unless you opt to pay for OSX Mavericks, out this month

OSX server can be used as a deskop OS, you'll just be using it as a regular OSX machine, and you can ignore the extra apps that come with OSX server

So just use it as a regular machine, and if you want to buy the upgrade to 10.9 Mavericks, you can opt to do a fresh install once you have purchased and downloaded 10.9

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I bought a i7 macmini by FastShop and it arrived at my home...a macmini i7 with OSX server. Since I am a home user and not do anything with the computer professionally, I doubted if I would have problems using the OSX-server. Can anyone tell me if there are any drawbacks to using osx-server, compared to the M-Lion? Another thing, when you launch the new OS, I will have to pay more for updates to the OSX-server?

I bought a i7 macmini by FastShop, but I received a macmini i7 with OSX server. Since I am a home user and not do anything with the computer professionally, I doubted if I would have problems using the OSX-server. Can anyone tell me if there are any drawbacks to using osx-server, compared to the M-Lion? Another thing, when Apple releases a new OS, I will have to pay more for updates to the OSX-server?

Ok. Now we know of at least two members that know how to use Google Translator!;)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid-2010 Mac Mini OS 10.12.6 Sierra, 2.66 GHz C2D, 8GB RAM, 30 in. Cinema Display
@Nick . . . No, not all. I can speak Portuguese in 7 different languages!

:)...busted :Blushing:

Evidently there are 2 members and 1 Moderator that use it.:)

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
HI Ashwin . . . I realize the use of English is a rule of this forum. I do not wish to enable those who are non-English speaking folks...I'm just thinking there maybe isn't a Portuguese Mac forum. Hopefully Temudjin will post again in English, or has found another source for Mac info. If this post is a violation, please remove and I will understand. I am only trying to help "T" . . . "T" asks:

No violation at all as we do have people here who speak all sorts of language but we converse in English..:)

While I could use Google Translate to answer, I've found that the translation sometimes fails with some dialects or phrases..and I was doing a hit-and-run post as well..:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
As suggested purchase and download Mavericks towards the end of this month. Before running the Installer burn to a USB thumb drive which will be bootable in case of emergencies. LionDiskMaker does this well and has a beta version ready for Mavericks' release.

http://liondiskmaker.com

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
@Nick . . . No, not all. I can speak Portuguese in 7 different languages!

I think that the first time I saw your and the OP's translations...I thought that they were independent translations. But now when I reread things...it looks like the OP copied your translation into their post (didn't use "forum quoting").

So at first it seemed VERY "coincidental" that the two translations were almost word for word the exact same (which just doesn't happen when two folks do independent translations).

Apologies for the confusion.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Definitely no need for apologies...it made me laugh because I WAS busted. I doctored up the Google version and "T" copied my version and patched it up even better. I was raised in the lowlands of Carolina...I can barely speak American English much less any furrin language ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.