mac osx 10.6.8 convert jpeg to pdf

Reaction score
I am an author and want to rewrite my book, update etc., printers version is in PDF format, I converted it to JPEG for editing, when I finish can I convert to PDF and keep pictures etc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Yes you certainly can, but i just gave a thumbs up in another thread for a App called PDFPen Pro from Smile Software, there is also PDFPen a cheaper version. With this, and it using OCR Technology, you should be able to Edit the PDF as a PDF and save as a PDF instead of converting to .jpeg, then editing, then converting back to PDF.

I own Smiles PDFPen Pro and it stands miles above anything else out there, I also have the iPad Mini version and i can sync across dropbox and edit on the go. You wont find a better App out there for your needs, and as a Author, you will be wanting the best tool for the job and this is it.
Download the trial and if you like it, you can buy the full version off the Mac App Store as well . . . Let us know how you go.

HTH

Cheers

OP
G
Reaction score
Convert jpeg to pdf

Thanks for the ifo, that may do it, much cheaper than adobe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
LOL you on a commission Brent mate? Is darned good value.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
LOL you on a commission Brent mate? Is darned good value.

HAHA i do wish Harry, but honestly with such a good deal like this one, the best i have seen yet, it needs to be shared, and i love Smile Softwares Apps, like TextExpander and PDFPen Pro 6 and the iOS version of both i own. People need to know how good some things are, because they will ask themselves one day, how did i ever live without this piece of . . . . ;)

C

chas_m

If I didn't already own nearly everything in that bundle, I would be buying it myself!

Reaction score
you can use any opensource program really... then there are many free online program
for example i tend to use Create PDF | convertjpgpdf
and also many programs you can pay for than end up doing the same or worse
:/

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the excellent input, I did try one pDF Converter site, said it was free and I could try it, did conversion, worked great but cannot download it to my Mac, any suggestions or do you pay??

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
+1 for PDFpen Pro. Had it for a few years. Incredibly versatile.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" i7 3.5GHz 24GB 3T Fusion HD - 10.10.2b MBP 13" 8GB, 240GB SSD - 10.10.2b iPad Air iOS 8.1.2
Add me to the PDFpen fan club

+1 for PDFpen Pro. Had it for a few years. Incredibly versatile.

Ian

Add me to the ? for PDFpen 2. I use it extensively and am very happy with it.

Reaction score
Other option?

Hi, I tried the PDFpenPro software on my laptop, thank you for that. It works really fast!
At work I am not allowed to install it. I am stuck with a website Online PDF converter | Online PDF for now, but I have to upload every JPG one after another.

We have MS Office installed on our macs, that was what the system admin said.
How stupid? I mean, I have to paste every jpg seperately into Word and then export it to PDF. There should be a faster way I guess with some build-in function. Any suggestions?
Please help. I kind of need it urgently for my presentation.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacsOSX13.6.4;10.13.6;iPhone SE2 17.3.1;SE1 15.8;iPadMini15.8;iPadAir 2 15.8
Hi seba20,

I have just spent a considerable amount of time editing some music without PDFpenPro, which sounds like a useful tool. However you can still edit without it on your Work Mac. If the original pdf was written directly from a Word Processor rather than scanned you can copy and paste text straight into a Word document. If you want to edit it as a tiff or jpg all you have to do is:

Open the pdf, go to File/Export/Format and you will see an option to convert it to another format. I expect you already know that you can use Tools/Annotate/Text to write in a pdf but it's a bit clumsy as far as positioning words is concerned.

By the way I suggest that you put your laptop specs in your Profile. Good luck.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacsOSX13.6.4;10.13.6;iPhone SE2 17.3.1;SE1 15.8;iPadMini15.8;iPadAir 2 15.8
Cool. MacUpdate have a great deal going at the moment, and in the deal is PDFPen which by itself is $65 but in the bundle of 10 Apps its only $49 Worth a look for that and SnapHeal Pro and Screencast.

https://deals.macupdate.com/bundle/affil/9464

Your link seems to go to Cargo Lifter and the cheapest price for PdfPenPro seems to be $99; don't know if I can do that from UK.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Your link seems to go to Cargo Lifter and the cheapest price for PdfPenPro seems to be $99; don't know if I can do that from UK.

If you go to the Smile website, PDFpen downloads for £39-95 & the pro version for £69.95.

I would have guessed that the standard version would suffice for your needs.

Ian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Can you not just use the Print to PDF function built into OSX?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you look at my post
Cool. MacUpdate have a great deal going at the moment, and in the deal is PDFPen which by itself is $65 but in the bundle of 10 Apps its only $49 Worth a look for that and SnapHeal Pro and Screencast.

https://deals.macupdate.com/bundle/affil/9464

You can see I said "at the moment" which was last year so it isn't valid now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.