Having Album Artwork Issues

Reaction score
So I recently have been having issues with my album artwork. My iPod has been set to windows but since I got my new mac I have been adding some stuff with my mac. The weird thing is, sometimes the art wont show up. These are the common issues:

1) The box will show that artwork should apear but there's nothing
2) the mini artwork will show up fine but in the full screen on the iPod its distorted at the bottom
or
3)the mini artwork will show up fine but in the full screen on the iPod its completely distorted (looks like TV snow).

I have no idea how/why it happens as it seems to be just certain things, not everything.

Now a side note, sometimes if I plug my iPod in before hitting pause on my podcasts it will cause all my artwork to disapear and in order to make it reapear i have to scroll through every song while connected to windows to refresh it and it will show up on the iPod.

This happened just before I started noticing this odd behaviour. Could this be because I'm adding from a mac, or because other stuff? I just don't know.

Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated!

(ps. it's a fourth gen iPod with colour screen)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I'd blow out all the artwork and try resyncing it.

Plug in your iPod, and under the iPod preference disable the "sync album artwork" checkbox.

Then sync your iPod to delete all the pictures. Then reenable the option and after syncing see if it's better.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.