cleanmasterapp.com

Reaction score
I keep getting a pop-up window from cleanmasterapp.com that tells me I'm entitled to a free product. I can't get rid of it other than by opening the link. When I open the link I sometimes lose what I've been doing. How do I get rid of this thing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hope you can understand, but im not going to go to the link you have posted, as your a new member with 1 post, and to me it screams SPAM, so if you can give us more info like what Mac you have, what OS you have on said Mac, what Browser your using, and what happens exactly when you get it, we might be able to help you, but to go to that site, just to get site look numbers up, i cant do that and hope you can understand.

Cheers

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
The app is an android only app. The url returns a 404 page.

So not only do you need to provide the info TM requested, but when are you getting this pop up... is this a browser pop up window or is this related to some other OS X application you have installed?

If in a browser - I would suggest you quit visiting whatever site it is that has that annoying pop up.

In this case, sort of doubt it, but If spam, it'll be gone soon enough ;)

OP
A
Reaction score
I have a Mac OSX Version 10.6.8.
I'm using Chrome.
The window pops up on the page I'm using.
It happens in various things I'm doing - playing a game, checking the news, etc.

Reaction score
Cleanmasterapp

I have a windows 7 PC but I also have the pop up. Can only find 2 forums about it and both are very recent so there isn't any info on it. I did a system scan on my computer and some adware was deleted but the cleanmasterapp pop up remains. It appears randomly and I have to close the whole browser to get rid of it. I haven't tried clicking on it.

Reaction score
Clear your browser cache and cookies. It's possible you picked up a cookie somewhere which is signalling servers and they are feeding this ad/popup to you.

OP
A
Reaction score
Clear your browser cache and cookies. It's possible you picked up a cookie somewhere which is signalling servers and they are feeding this ad/popup to you.

Thank you, cradom. I've done this. Let's see if it does the trick.

OP
A
Reaction score
Nope. That didn't work.

The pop-up reappeared while I was signing in to another forum. I was unable to complete this action till I'd visited the cleanmaster page and closed it.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Check your extensions - I'd remove them all to see if it goes away - then add them back one at a time.

Reaction score
I don't know if this is available for Chrome but there is an add-on called BetterPrivacy which gets rid of what's called LSO's (Locally Stored Objects) or Flash cookies. These cookies cannot be gotten rid of like normal cookies and are a pain. You might look into this for Chrome (or start using Firefox. It's better anyway :) j/k)

Reaction score
getting rid of extensions worked for me! I just deleted them all. thank you very much :)

there is a tab where you also delete history adrian

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Your Chrome extensions... not OS X extensions.

Open Chrome - then on the menu bar - Window - Extensions

or Chrome - Preferences - Extensions

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Chrome extensions... not OS X extensions.

Open Chrome - then on the menu bar - Window - Extensions

or Chrome - Preferences - Extensions

OK, I've disabled the extensions I had. Hope this works. It seems to have for beedubz.

I also cleared my history, passwords, the lot.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Enable them one at a time until you figure out which one is causing it.

bie

Reaction score
I keep getting a pop-up window from cleanmasterapp.com that tells me I'm entitled to a free product. I can't get rid of it other than by opening the link. When I open the link I sometimes lose what I've been doing. How do I get rid of this thing?

I have the same problem I cant get rid of it. This happens alot when I play games on Facebook. How do I block certain websites or links on Chrome? ( IE has this option:'()

OP
A
Reaction score
I have the same problem I cant get rid of it. This happens alot when I play games on Facebook. How do I block certain websites or links on Chrome? ( IE has this option:'()

I've had no problem for the last couple of days since following Cradom's and Bobtomay's advice (see above). :)

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been having the same problem recently. I'm using Safari (not chrome or firefox). I notice that I've been getting pop-up from cleanmasterapps every time i stream video (from various sources). Once the pop=up appears, there is no way to ignore it as it will stop the streaming and i can't close the window unless i click ok to the pop-up.

I've checked the extension (safari -- > preference --> extensions) and there's nothing there so I can't actually clear anything.

I've tried clear cache, cookies etc etc and it didn't work.

It seems more and more people have been having the same problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.