Eliminate ¨Others¨

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook `08 4gb ram, 750gb, 2GHz intel Core 2 Duo, OSX 10.9 - Ipad4 - Iphone5 - AppleTV3 -
Macbook (later2008), OSX 10.8.5

i got 237.44 GB ¨Others¨, how can i eliminate this ?

Captura de pantalla 2013-10-04 a la(s) 11.17.23.png

C

chas_m

What machine? What year? What OS?

Psychic hotline we're not.

"Others" is simply Apple's term for files that don't fall into one of the pre-defined categories (ie, it's not a photo, a movie format Apple recognizes, part of the system, etc).

Depending on what the files actually are, you may have zero interest in deleting them. To get a clearer picture of what is actually taking up space on your drive (which I presume is what you're actually interested in, since you didn't say), I'd suggest downloading the free Disk Inventory X which should give you a better picture of what's taking up space and where its located.

DO NOT throw away things unless you are CERTAIN it is something you know, you know you don't want it, and you're SURE removing it won't damage your system.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook `08 4gb ram, 750gb, 2GHz intel Core 2 Duo, OSX 10.9 - Ipad4 - Iphone5 - AppleTV3 -
What machine? What year? What OS?

Psychic hotline we're not.

"Others" is simply Apple's term for files that don't fall into one of the pre-defined categories (ie, it's not a photo, a movie format Apple recognizes, part of the system, etc).

Depending on what the files actually are, you may have zero interest in deleting them. To get a clearer picture of what is actually taking up space on your drive (which I presume is what you're actually interested in, since you didn't say), I'd suggest downloading the free Disk Inventory X which should give you a better picture of what's taking up space and where its located.

DO NOT throw away things unless you are CERTAIN it is something you know, you know you don't want it, and you're SURE removing it won't damage your system.

Thanks for answer back, i got a macbook (later2008), OSX 10.8.5,

Captura de pantalla 2013-10-04 a la(s) 11.17.23.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.