Mavericks os x

OP
O
Reaction score
I just installed Mountain Lion and like it so far, I have a mid 2009 MBP and can hardly wait for Mavericks, I just want to know how long I have to wait, Its Oct. 4 I heard it will come out later in October.

C

chas_m

My personal guess would be in about two weeks time. But that's just speculation.

OP
O
Reaction score
I read that Safari will have tabs, will that be like FireFox Tabs, with the tabs up on top instead of like safari now is? If not I will still not use Safari. I like the way FireFox has the tabs.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I read that Safari will have tabs, will that be like FireFox Tabs, with the tabs up on top instead of like safari now is? If not I will still not use Safari. I like the way FireFox has the tabs.

What, you mean like this?

Screen Shot 2013-10-04 at 5.00.34 AM.png

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
What I dont like about Safari is how it opens a new window instead of a simple tab.

Then you should try changing your Safari Preferences so that it opens tabs instead of a new window.

Safari - Preferences - Tabs - Open pages in tabs instead of windows - Always

Also, try installing Glims for even more control of how Safari acts and looks.
But, even installing that won't help if you don't ever go into the preferences to see what's there and how you can make Safari behave the way you want.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you're content with the default settings of every app you have and don't want to know about all the options the developers have provided in the app so that you can set them up to your own likes, not much else I have to say.

Only pointing out that Safari already has tabs and will already do what it is you're asking for.
Don't want to change it to the way you want it... that's ok too.

My wife does that. She just mentioned something to me 2 days ago that she didn't like on her Mac - she'd just been quietly frustrated for 6+ years.
Took me 10 seconds to make a change that she could have made 6 years ago if she had only asked about it.
Or if she had ever opened the preferences for that app to see what choices the developer had provided the user.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" I7 first one and loving it.
I'm still learning Mountain Lion. Don't think I'll change quickly.

I had some problems with Safari and started using Firefox 2 or 3 months ago. Must say I like Firefox much better. Would be hard for me to change back at this point.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I sure didnt have to go through all those changes in firefox!!!!!

Only have to set things up once. Then you're good to go!:)

Just like any preference in any program. You have the default setup...then you modify things from there to your liking.

- Nick

M

MacInWin

CLIP...

My wife does that. She just mentioned something to me 2 days ago that she didn't like on her Mac - she'd just been quietly frustrated for 6+ years.
Took me 10 seconds to make a change that she could have made 6 years ago if she had only asked about it.
Or if she had ever opened the preferences for that app to see what choices the developer had provided the user.
Yeah, I've got one just like that, too. ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.