PDF to Word Converters (Apps)

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

My work involves filling out a lot of PDFs, which can get annoying since many of the PDFs I deal with cannot be edited. I have thus been looking into PDF to Word conversion apps (I mostly work on my iPad). I have tried several PDF conversion apps so far, and have been frustrated to find that many are of poor quality at best, or fraudulent at worst.

So far, the highest quality PDF to Word conversion app that I have came across is Kdan Mobile's PDF Wordsmith. It isn't free--$8.99 US--but it works very well and is worth the cost.

Does anyone have any experience with PDF conversion apps? Any recommendations?

Thanks!

C

chas_m

May I suggest a different approach to the problem? You might want to instead invest in a program that will simply detect and let you fill out the forms.

Take a look at Smile's PDFPen (or PDFPen Pro) -- there's a free trial, and it looks to be exactly what you're after (and can do the MS Word conversion too, if you still need it).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Take a look at Smile's PDFPen (or PDFPen Pro) -- there's a free trial, and it looks to be exactly what you're after (and can do the MS Word conversion too, if you still need it).

I'll 2nd PDFPen Pro, as it use OCR to do what it needs and does it better than any other App out there, and for what its worth, there is a iOS PDFPen as well so i can sync via iCloud or Dropbox (I use dropbox like i do with Smiles TextExpander and 1Password) and edit on the go.
If you like the trial, you can then buy it through the Mac App Store, can not speak highly enough of this App, and they have gone wild and its so much better than .v5 . . . . Its well worth the look.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Just thought i let you know that PDFPen is currently in a 10 App bundle for $49 where PDFPen is $60 by its self, and you get SnapHeal Pro, and Screencast which is worth $100. One of the better bundles i have seen. . .

https://deals.macupdate.com/bundle/affil/9464

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And TechToolPro 7 upgrade from 6 is $40 on its own!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.